Contact with hazardous substances is something that most people will experience at some point during their working lives – and it’s usually more often than we think. Knowing the dangers of those substances, as well as how to handle them, is what can make the difference between safe usage and a potentially fatal accident. COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) training provide you with this critical knowledge.
Can you tell me about the course?
Our COSHH training course is tailored to specifically meet the needs of your individual business, meaning that, whichever substances you work with, the course will accommodate this, providing you with the relevant knowledge and skills. This approach ensures that you only receive training on the subjects that are relevant to you and your business, minimising time wasted and maximising output.
Your instructor will use both theory and practical work to provide a well-balanced, three hour session that results in a clear, applicable knowledge of the substances that you may encounter in your working life.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anybody who is likely to come into contact with harmful or hazardous substances in their day-to-day working life. This could be anybody from a lab technician to a cleaner, a chef or a construction worker. It would also be useful for line managers or supervisors, who require an understanding around the legislation, storage and handling of such substances.
Where can I attend?
Regardless of the number of delegates, we are able to provide this bespoke training directly at your place of work.
What will I get from this course?
This course is designed to provide delegates with an extremely in-depth, comprehensive understanding of substances hazardous to health and, most importantly, how they can use, handle and store those substances in the safest possible way.
Specifically, upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand that some substances commonly found in the workplace are hazardous to health
- Recognise how hazardous substances cause injury and ill-health
- Know the different ways that hazardous substances can be identified
- Understand the consequences of poor health and safety caused by hazardous substances
- Recognise the importance of risk assessment in controlling and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- State the effects that may arise from exposure to hazardous substances
- Understand and recognise the various warning symbols that may appear on supply labels
- State the content of safety data sheets and detail how such information can prevent injury and ill-health
- State the emergency procedures for hazardous substances whenever there is a loss of control
How will I be assessed?
upon completion of the training, you will be required to sit a written examination to assess your knowledge and ensure that you have progressed to the necessary standard to become qualified in COSHH.
Will I become certified?
Yes, upon successfully passing the written examination, you will be awarded a certificate that will validate your qualification. It is recommended that you refresh your qualification every three years.
What is the cost for this course?